Saturday, May 30, 2009

WSOP day 2

Day 1 I got kicked out after 2 hours, it was boring.

Day 2 was my first real moment of being thrown into the fire, it was a kind of jarring. I'd dealt kiddie pool poker my whole career, 1-2 no limit, maybe a 2-5 every once in a blue moon. Here I was dealing 5-10 no limit with deep deep stacks. 5-10 Pot-Limit Omaha with people buying in for 2,000 a pop. It was really crazy the size of the bets and of course, with this much money comes assholes. I had one real piece of shit in the 4 seat at one table just give me a working over, he was one of those people you wish they would get shot, but not shot like now-a-days, I mean shot like in the revolutionary war when you got hit in the stomach and the doctors had no idea what to do about it just declared it was fatal and then you spent the next 12-48 hours in ripping agony before your body finally gave out on you.

The dealer ahead of me brutally screwed up the final pot, an all-in was called and he pushed the pot without counting down the size of the winning stack, and that led to a giant ordeal. I got into the game not knowing it was a timed game (We take 8 dollars per person per half hour as the rake) and thusly against the rules of WSOP, dealt a hand without taking time, when I tried to stop and take time the 4 seat screamed "We're not stopping in the middle of a hand for time!" and then everyone starting bitching about how the dealers suck, are idiots, morons, etc. They say all this shit without caring that you can hear then, cause they know you just have to take their shit.

From them I then dealt to Chris Moneymaker, who's a really nice guy, he tips, which is more then I can say for most people. His table was really cheerful and friendly, it was a good game all around.

I had more shitty table in the night, a bunch of not so happy people at a really boring 5-10 no limit game. One guy was whining about the game being slowed down by having a player only having 100's in front of him, it was good times.

I dealt a crazy 25-25 PLO game with the button straddling every hand for 50. A few players had 20,000 in front of them, but no hands ever got out of control in the PLO.

Just another one of the glorious days I'll be having at the series. More updates as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment