Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nomination for TEAM judge

What with the Supreme Court being in the headlines and the raging fight raging on Billy's blog via nameless people, I felt the need to step forth and offer my services after this tournament is over to be a full time judge on TEAM. I've become a mark for "Britain's Got Talent" over the last month or so and I really feel like TEAM should have 3 very public judges who go over all the matches and make their decisions.

People complain about losing all the time, it's one of the reasons we all get into this hobby, the feeling of being wronged is something I thing we all can really get into.

The problem is that when people lose in TEAM they blame "TEAM" this faceless entity that existed only to incorrectly judge the Rp in their match and give victory to the undeserving party. It's also deeply annoying to lose in TEAM because TEAM is just a straight Rp event, there is no angles to build off of a loss, no storylines to follow up, you lose and you're done, it's a pretty cold reality. You would like to at least understand the logic of why you lost, and public judges would help with that, cause they would have to explain themselves to the public for why they made the decision they did.

So why should I be trusted to judge TEAM? Well I've been in E-Fedding for forever and have seen just about everything, I spend way to much time on this hobby. I understand character development and the finer points of 'smacktalk' Rp, which is what TEAM is. And I have a pretty simple series of criteria for picking a winner.

1) Effort

Effort is what matters most to me, putting the first Rp up. Stacking somebody. I know people are always going on about 'quality vs quantity' and how 1 good Rp should beat 40 bad ones, but why is that? Good is subjective, I mean crap is crap and that's all there is to it, but if somebody gets off a solid first Rp, their opponent replies back with some epic Rp that makes me weep...And then the first guy writes another good reply, and then a stacking good reply...The first guys wins, he was hungry, he wanted it more, that's all there is to it...If you want to win, don't let yourself be stacked, 48 hours is plenty of time to get an Rp up, and this is TEAM, this is a pure Rp wins format, you know what you were getting into when you signed up.

2) Character

Your character is what you are portraying here, so I'd expect to see that, if I don't know your character I'll read your bio and then check out the league your from and read Rp's you've done to get a baseline for your character. Then I'd expect him to stay as that person. He might be fighting a total stranger, but that's something that often happens in TEAM. I want to see your guy being your guy thrown into this match.

"But you spent your whole time burying Christian Daniels for being a murderer"

That was as Doc Silver, hater of horrible gimmicks. As a judge if I'm judging his Rp's I want to see him killing people in clever ways so as to not be caught, I want "Christian Daniels, biker crime lord" rocking the bikerdom, and the crime lord...

3) The debate

This is a buncha smacktalking, I want you crushing your opponent's smacktalk in a coherent way that is true to your character, controlling the flow of the debate. When people don't have very solid talking points in their Rp's it generally means you skimmed your opponent's stuff. That's weaksause, read it and refute it.

4) Most overt pandering to my pet interests*

If it's really close and you're nervous about victory, pander shamelessly. Quote Garbage lyrics, go for B-sides and shit that's really obscure or I won't really feel like your trying. Talk about 'hand-range' and 'M' in relation to poker. Bring up the JFK assassination and who you think did it. Talk about Warcraft. Odds are it's 1-1 in the judging and I'm deciding if all your hard work is going to be rewarded or not, so you might as well placate me.

*= This is all a lie, none of this will help you.

Maybe I should have PM'ed Adam all this, but then I wouldn't have anything to blog about, and besides, I'd want it to be public anyhow, so I figured I'd post it here.

So that's that, off to await round 2 results and remember, if Doc jobs to Cruise it's the greatest outrage in the history of E-Fedding! Expect a redaction filled tirade right after I see that result!

(Or not. I can't honestly worry to much about matches where I'm writing friggin movie Rp's into the threads.)

No comments:

Post a Comment