Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Questions nobody's asked me

Everyone seems to be going about giving away their pearls of wisdom in FW land, so here are questions nobody's asked me, with answers. I'll stear away from 'who's Rp do you like' type questions, cause I hate picking favorites.

1- Idea for Doc Silver?

Doc was ripped off from a friend who literally wrote nearly 400 pages of wrestling matches for a league he made. He had a roster of like 50 guys and would do various things with them. Dr. Silver, Carlos Canyeta, Prism, Spectrum, were all names for guys he had. When I got into FW I just grabbed a few of the names and ran with them. Doc started as a rich kind of smug heel, I won a few titles and did whatever, but then I left E-fedding for a little while and then had a life altering moment.

I had been in a really crummy relationship with my girlfriend for over a year when I finally just got to the point where I understood that me and her really just were not working out and that it was time to call it a day, so we had a talk and we broke up, and then she quickly started dating my best friend 3 days later, that was awesome.

So having just lost my best friend and girlfriend...I'm now really bummed out, just miserable. I'm laying in bed watching MTV.

And then they played the video for "Only Happy When It Rains"...Shit just blew my mind...Song was literally my ex-girlfriend, everything about her...It could not have been more personal, so that about did me in, I was now a Garbage fan for life.

And then I said "fuck it" and just made Doc into me, or at least 'garbage me' as it were. The characters that are easiest to play is the ones most like yourself, and that's pretty much what Doc became after that. I moved to Vegas to deal poker, Doc moved to Vegas to play poker. About the only difference is that Doc's 10 years older then me, is a dry drunk, and a former pain killer addict. He's had a fast life and he's paying for it now.

Bloodhunt was kind of the same way, just me talking about the JFK assassination, something I know way to much about.

2- So you were Doc and Bloodhunt, what about The First, did you suffer a mid-life crisis and become a goth?

The First was supposed to be a comic kind of character in reaction to the narrative storylines that has been happening in leagues and changing the tone of FW. He's also based upon what I think a male version of my friend Rozy would be like, only I think Rozy doesn't have the self esteem to be bold enough to declare she's the oldest living soul in all humanity.

I try to play First such that he's nuts, but self aware that people would think he's nuts, but he knows he's really right and everyone else is wrong. He's also goofy enough to lose his shit and become Pharaoh of Egypt if events warrent it, but I doubt that'll happen for a while now that he's getting a singles push. He's more of a challenge to Rp because I have to figure out what he'd say.

3- So what's the difference with Rp'ing First compared to Doc?

I tend to read what my opponent posted in a match against First and then think things through for an hour or so, trying to find what he'd say or how he'd react to it. Like being called Brian would be a real insult, cause in his mind he isn't Brian...But trying to figure out how to express that is a bitch.

Doc I just read my what my opponent posted and hit reply and just start ripping apart their arguement, with Doc it's just treating the Rp's like a flame war. Only with Garbage lyrics!

4- What's the most important thing about a character?

Details, build the character, all that matters is defining and making a character, keep doing storyline Rp's, keep Rp'ing for matches, just always be putting yourself out there. Try to work out a moveset for your guy that's clearly defined, make it easy on people to write 'my character's match' and have it reflect what you see the character doing.

Right now I'm trying to build First's moveset up, The mist spray thing was a gag I wrote in for the Forsaken/Beast match because it was a reference to something in WoW and I was trying to get a reaction out of Anarky's handler, I don't think he laughed, the jerk, but now I'm keeping it in, cause I don't really see anyone else in EPW using a Muta spray attack, so it makes him unique for doing it.

5- What's the most important for being a good Rp man.

Rp'ing, that's about it, you show up and do the work sooner or later a door will open for you. Being consistant is really what's most important, there are tons of really excellent, most likely better then me Rp'ers out there that I'd never put a World Title on if I was running a league, just cause I can't trust they'll always Rp, and having a World Title defense no Rp'ed is just such a nightmare.

So don't join more leagues then you can Rp for.

6- Who are these handlers you would never strap?

I ain't start drama, you prying scumbags.

7- Tell us about the Zane Incident

I'm not going into it, leave me alone!

8- What about CSWA and --

This interview is over!!!! (Storms off)

(Leave any other questions if you want)

1 comment: