Friday, April 17, 2009

Doc Shoot Part 2

Q: So you come back as Steel Viper's manager, what was the plan there?

DOC: I really didn't have a plan...AAWC came back they offered me money and a chance to hang out with Viper, that was cool, so I went for it...

Q: So the whole angle to steal the title off him wasn't planned then?

DOC: No, not at all, it's funny cause GUNS had made a comment about me being a snake in the grass, but I was just hanging out being a manager, I wasn't even talking during this time, I was mostly just trying to stay sober.

Q: So what happened to lead to the title switch and the birth of Garbage Doc?

DOC: Schmid pitched the title change to me, and I explained to him that at this point, I'd lost my mind and was going to re-work my whole gimmick, ret-con my backstory, and just become the character I became...I wanted to be just this totally loathsome human being, no redeeming qualities nothing good about me at all, and further more I couldn't back up any of the shit I talked, I wanted to be just this complete bastard. And to top it off I'm now this giant mark for a band named of all things 'Garbage' which was what I was trying to be, just a piece of Garbage.

Q: And this led to your two monster runs with the AAWC Title.

DOC: Yeah, thing was, Schmid just loved everything I was doing, and I was just going over people and crushing and it was corrupt and bad for the business, I really should have jobbed at some point, but at that point in my career I was a dick, a total locker room cancer, just an asshole, so fuck 'em, I'll beat Mike Randalls, I'll ruin Xavire Virile's career, I'm just this bastard who's got the booker wrapped around his finger, I do regret some of the shit I pulled, but honestly...There was no way I wasn't going to do this stuff.

Q: What about the riot with Tom Adler?

DOC: At three rivers...Oh lord, thought I'd be killed, the ring just started filling with people, security lost control of the place...The only thing that saved me was that the crush of fans was so great that nobody really had any space to swing or to load up for a kick...I got hit with a few bottles but nothing major...But yeah, I thought I was going to die.

Q: The match with Steve Masters?

DOC: Steve Masters...Bah he was a joke...See Adler and Masters were tight and Adler knew he couldn't talk Schmid into putting himself and his boy Masters over, so he makes up this idea that Adler/Randalls I Quit will go off as the main event...That's fine with me...And Masters and I are going to go off 2nd to last and be non-title...What kind of shit is that? It's a PPV, and we're going to screw people out of a title defense? So I took a dive in the non-title match and had it turn into a title shot, and then went over Masters when he got shot with a blow dart...

Q: What happened around this time with the CSWA?

DOC: They fucked me, that's about it really, they might say otherwise but that was about it.

Q: What's the biggest mistake you made during your run?

DOC: The fact that I wouldn't show my ass in promos and stuff, the fact that I had that little sliver of a need to not be phased by anything my opponent did...I mean I'd bump and sell for anyone for 20 minutes, my job was to make you look like a monster in the ring, but in the promo battles and stuff like that...I don't feel I gave enough back...Or that I gave people a way to attack me that would hurt me...I went out of my way to be invulerable to insult, and that's not good for a heel...Schmid blows all this money to fly Shirley out to some card just so she can insult me and my goon squad can kick her ass just so I can all "You can't even make fun of Garbage and have me sell it"...God what a fucking moron I was...Now I'm fucking writing my opponent's promos for them...I want to sell...

Q: Then the King Nothing phase came after you jobbed the title and the fake face turn...What was the deal there?

DOC: The deal was to fucking get Adler into an I quit match and then brutally heel turn on him and screw him...But AAWC went under before that could happen...I forget what company it was in but I went back to Garbage Doc and that night I got a message on my answering machine from Anarky who said "Fucking about time you prick." (Laughs) kind of warmed my heart that he of all people would want Garbage Doc back.

Q: What are your feelings on Anarky?

DOC: Oh back when he first came up and I buried him he was green, but he knows his shit now...He can work...I dunno if I'm gonna give him a job back...But we got a year, we'll see...

Q: We'll take a break here, when we come back we'll get into the madness that was the jWo...

DOC: Oh and it was madness.

1 comment: