Thursday, April 23, 2009

Doc Shoot Part 3

Q: So what was the idea for the jWo?

DOC: Well it was a league, I think FWC...Not the one I got screwed out of the title in, but a new one and they had this guy Beckowski running the place...And they shot an angle where this rival promoter Brian Jenkins came in and hijacked the company and put the belt on his favored wrestler, Lex Taylor. Now we were supposed to rally against Jenkins and his evil take over of the company...But GUNS and I were like 'why do that, the take over angle is over big in wrestling' so we decided we were going to side *with* Jenkins, and that only the minor detail that Jenkins was going to have to do what was best for business and have GUNS go over Talyor for the title.

It was a one shot angle for that show just to get the belt to GUNS, but then the bookers screwed with the match and made it a no-contest and then we kept it going, started doing the fake shows, people wanted to join...We ended up killing 2 or 3 leagues with the jWo because in the end the jWo faction in the league would be bigger then those still loyal to the league itself...It was crazy...I can't even remember all the people we had...

Q: Do you regret having those leagues get shut down by the jWo?

DOC: Yeah it's never good to run people out of business, but at the same time if they were on solid ground the jWo wouldn't have killed them...It sucks that it happened, but I don't know what really could be done about it, cause we were just so over, there needed to be an opponent that could step up to the jWo and I guess there wasn't.

Q: During the jWo you had the woman beater gimmick, what was that all about?

DOC: Well I guess I misread where wrestling was going, cause something happened and I had a female manager at the time and I either let her eat a chair shot or I was told to give her one, I don't know exactly what the deal was, but I thought hitting women was lame, so as a kind of 'fuck you' to management I did the gimmick were I was just beating up women for no good reason, of course, right around that time women started getting beaten up all over the place in wrestling, became the new hip thing to do.

Q: So after that you and Javid Dones got into running IWC, how that all go down?

DOC: Well we couldn't keep the World Title on anyone, we strapped Wildstar and then he quit...We moved the belt to Zane then he quit...Then finally we got it on Edmunds and he did the job for Southern that we wanted, cause Shane was the man, he needed to get put over by someone, so I'm pretty glad we got him the big belt.

Then Javid got a bit to into the nose candy which is something he's still fighting. Now around this time is when I dried out and got of the pain killers...So it was kinda shitty to see him go down that path, it also sucked cause I was gonna get a run with the strap and now I couldn't cause I wsa holding the bag on the company. I mean I could have given myself the belt, but I think you have to be a real dick to run a company and then put yourself over everyone, who wants to see you turn a company into a giant ego-dildo? I mean the shit I did to get over on Southern was bad enough...

So I did the 'heel owner' gimmick for a while, which was building heat between Shane Southern and JT Tyler...JT was good and I wanted to give him a main event push, but I don't know exactly what he was thinking, cause we get to the PPV and the big payoff and he's telling me "Doc I don't want to use the choke sleeper" in the match...And it's just crazy, cause the whole match is built on his 'illegal' hold he's been putting people down with left and right..And now he doesn't want to use it...Ugh...

So Shane goes over, and then the truth hits, that Dones had been cooking the books for ages and the company's shot...We drifted around, I think Anarky got the belt off Shane and then either Manson was gonna get it off him and did or it didn't get taped, I don't know...But it sucked, that was a good league, good talent, liked those guys.

Q: How was Shane Southern?

DOC: Dream to work with, do whatever you wanted, great guy, model employee...He'd lose every night for a year if you asked it of him, of course you would be a moron, but still, he was really cool.

Q: You said you got off the drugs and booze then, how has that all been since IWC?

DOC: I've been clean...It sucks man...In this business, people got pain pills, people are always getting drunk, and you're the odd man out, you're the fat kid picked last...It sucks, and I'm older then a lot of the locker room...I mostly hang out with Greenie or Ryoko and do my best to keep my will power up.

Q: What about your time in A1E?

DOC: Oh it was horrible...I hated how they ran the place, hated everything about it.

Q: What about your vote rigging?

DOC: Fuck 'em...Honestly, I wasn't gonna wait my turn in line, so yeah I got a bunch of mid-carders to come in and stack the vote for me...I'd do it again if I went back...I think it's a goofy system, how am I as a heel gonna get over unless I'm shitting on everyone, and I can't be pals with people, I come in, I shoot my mouth, I'm a dick...It would have taken me forever to get people to respect me in A1E and I don't have time for that shit, I'm not spending 2-3 years mid-carding, waiting for some curtain jerker to finally 'get' my gimmick...Fuck that...

Q: Well that's all for now, next time we'll get into your NFW run and your return in EPW to wrap stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment