Thursday, December 3, 2009

The First really sucks

Billy was going through Holzerman's old blog and came across a gem of a reply to it...The writer was of course unnamed.

And Blogger won't let me C'n'P for some stupid reason so I get to type this sucker all the way out.

"I am facing The First in UCW. He doesn't do narrative but he "existed" in the civil war, the was a "Roman Gladiator"....no...no...no. That is just crap. That is not a character I am interested in or ever will be. It's silly. It's not real life. It doesn't even make sense. I have no interest in doing a program with someone like that. I would never vote for a character like that. It is a waste of my time. Yes E-Fedding is fantasy; (editor's note: Semi-Colon, elegant!) but there is a fine line that gets crossed to readily when the writer falls into narrative."

It's been a while since UCW...But I sadly never saw this blog posting before....And as Jules Winnfield said "Allow me to retort"

First is an idiot, that's the A-Number-1 thing you should take away from the character. You should call bullshit on all his past life stuff, you know why? Cause he's completely full of shit! It's all in his head...Yeah in UCW I did flashback Rp's to the time and place where First was supposedly living his lives, and I got feedback from the fed heads who said they liked it, so I kept doing it.

He never was in the civil war, he never was a roman gladiator, he thinks these things because he's a delusional moron.

Honestly, of my three 'big time' characters (Doc, Bloodhunt, First) I'd say First should be the easiest to Rp against of the three. When I was Rp'ing Doc I was a prick, I'd never sell weakness, never concede a point, argue everything into the ground. Bloodhunt would just get into JFK getting shot and be all conspiracy theory tastic, I mean you could call him paranoid, but he'd just blow right over that.

First I want people to insult. I had him having tea-parties and talking to stuffed animals just so people would cut promos on him saying "You're a fucking moron playing with stuffed animals!" I was and will be in the future handing my opponents the materials to hang my character, because he thinks and does stupid shit...People should call him on that...

So nameless slammer of First from years gone by, here's the backstory of the character in all it's glory (Note: This all could be Ret-Conned at a moment's notice)

Brian Nadanly was a goth loser in Salem High School and at the age of 16 he had a past life regression from one of the scam-artists who do that sort of foolishness...And for whatever reason, said past-life scam artist decided to tell Brian that he had 'the oldest soul he ever had seen' that he'd recounted just dozens and dozens of past lives...And from there Brian had the 'vision' that he was the oldest living soul on earth, The First soul...His gaggle of losers were quickly swayed by the past-life scam artist and Brian AKA First's story...So they fell in line with calling him First.

First was basically the leader of a cult of 5 morons...Which became 6 when in an effort to get laid, he decided to hit on a girl who was a social outcast...He told her that she was Muse, a soul almost as old as his. She fell under the spell of being 'Muse' and as a result, gained a new self confidence (Lost weight, learned to play guitar and drums) and became a free spirit, but her relationship with First never worked out romantically for whatever reasons that happen in teen drama, and anyhow First ran into Rozy a few months later, and well, she'd thought him being "The First" was cool, and she put out for him, so that took care of his girlfriend needs.

He hits a wrestling school, and next thing you know he's a big deal in UCW, pinning Dan Ryan (And thusly earning his right to be in the band) and winning it's world title...Stuff happens, he joins EPW...And we have HOPE and all that fun and frivolity...

Final note, if you think my character sucks, IM me and tell me so! Don't make me wait years for Billy to find your post in a Holzer-blog so I can reply to it years after you've quit Rp'ing, you hoodlum!

11 comments:

  1. What post was that in reply to? Christ, UCW is like ancient-history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://angloluchador.blogspot.com/2005/10/over-top.html

    Lots of hate on people in the comments here. Lindsay Troy sucks, First sucks, everyone sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this must have been the first few months of your blog, Holz. I never read your older posts, so I went back and looked at a few. Found some really good posts, and happened to stumble on that reply. My first reaction was "Wow...somebody actually took The First's claims of soul immortality seriously? I've gotta c/p this!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the only one who read TH's post and immediately thought, "The correct response is, Yeah, First - I was once a Roman Gladiator, too. Two and a half thousand years ago I impaled your ass in the Coliseum and I'm about to do it again."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is rich. Finally read through everything on that, and your phantom shit-talker was IrishRed, whom we don't talk about anymore on account of him burning every bridge in eW because he thinks everyone should be boring and "shooty" like him.

    Honestly Mike, I wouldn't worry about it. Red's narrow view of what e-fedding should be is not subscribed to by really anyone anymore. He's gone, and good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was about to say, "Gee, that comment sounds like an Irishred rant to me!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found this in one of Lindz' replies, and it made me giggle, figured I'd share:

    "But again, it's for character-building only...you'll never, EVER, see me do narrative during RP week for a match. I'm used to the "trash-talk" style, which is why I could never go to PRIME."

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing that kills me about that is IrishRed worked a long program with First, and everytime we talked in IM's he always told me how much he enjoyed Rp'ing against me...Maybe he warmed up to First after he talked to me...I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oct 05...I think I was neck deep in FAU Grad School stuff still (teaching two classes and taking three of my own) and couldn't even keep up with NFW (cue Billy laughing).

    Since people were bitching about storybuilding RPs on the FW.com boards, Steve and I figured we'd take the style over to where the style was appreciated. Then he bailed on me, and I went on to kick some ass. ;)

    Good find though, Jay. Never say never I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For the record I didn't get the character at "first" but really enjoyed working with you. Again think that ostracizing me when you all had my AIM and email addy is ridiculous...talking about me instead of to me.
    When this was pointed out to me from the A1E boards I was like I don't even want to look. But I did and let Mr Tom know in pvt what a shit heel move he played, the rest? Lindz knows I think her writing style is one step above Danielle Steele I told her plenty of times (even in RP with me hitting her repeatedly with Danielle Steele Books).

    So anyway if any of you have anything to say to me or about me...
    yanktonirishred@yahoo.com

    Have a good one. I'm out.

    ReplyDelete