Sunday, December 27, 2009

EPW Awards Part 3: Biggest Impact

Who had a bigger impact on EPW?
Anthology
Sean Stevens
pollcode.com free polls


As you can see from the above, it's only got 2 possible nominees, and that's because they are the only two possible winners. This one is very close in my eyes. So talk me out of this (but try to be nicer then Josh about the match of the year thing. That was just hostile.)

#2- Sean Stevens- Yeah he beat frigging everyone, retired JA and Westscott, sent Rocko Daymon into a career tailspin and made me just thrilled to even lose to the guy. He was in 3 of my 4 match of the year nominations and besides all that, held the EPW World Title the whole year. Heck writing all this makes me want to change my pick. Well too late now.

#1- Anthology- They dominated the main event of EPW...From Agg 44 to agg 49 every card has had Anthology in the main event. If you were not in Anthology, you were fighting Anthology. They held the IC Title for most of the year and same with the tag belts and had Copycat nearly win the TV Title...Anthology spawned HOPE as a force to fight against it. They crushed TEAM so the finals never came out...Oh wait they didn't do that? Oh well...In the end the Anthology engine of evil was to great for "Triple X" not to join it, so they get my vote, even if it might be the only one.

3 comments:

  1. No offense to Sean "Don't Call Me Scott" Stevens, but this isn't even close. Anthology is what stirs the drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be biased.. and this is not a shot at pre-Antho Stevens, but I think it's Anthology all the way. Our plan was to gobble up the scene, and I whether you liked every individual match/angle or not, it's hard to say that Anthology wasn't the focal point of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense to Paul "I don't know who you are" Miller, but I personally could care less if you call my character Scott, or who wins the award. Appreciate the shout out, though, Stanton.

    ReplyDelete