Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A quick note about Pillar to Post and serendipity

a quick note about Pillar to Post (For which I have gotten a ton of positive feedback, I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it.)

I'll schedule the next PTP for after the following events

Crash 49

Aggression 47

A1E's August 21st Warfare

Once those shows are up I should have some new topics to discuss and be able to work another show.

If you want to be on the panel, you need to know NFW/EPW/A1E, and be on-line enough to answer 1-2 questions a day for 3-4 days...So let me know.


Now then...On to the main topic for today. Serendipity. What events have happened totally out of your control that have conspired to aid you in your career in E-Fedding...Here's 4 of mine, 2 for Doc, and 2 for The First.

--The former president of AAWC quits the company and hands it to Schmid, who just won the World Title...and now has to job it to me in order to appear unbias...That was my first World Title in this hobby...Total blind luck.

--Schmid screws Doc in a Godbooked job to Flic Rair. I lose my shit over this...Now you're thinking "Well that wasn't very positive for Doc" you're right...But the serendipity kicks in because Schmid's REAL plan was to get the belt off Doc and then job him via submission to Tom Adler in a WarGames...I can honestly say I have no idea how I'd have handled that besides throwing the most epic of shitfits and most likely quitting AAWC...And since by then I'd burned my CSWA bridge, I don't know what I would have done...Garbage Doc might not have even happened...

But as fate would have it, TW (Adler's handler) refused to put Adler in the WarGames. TW had his own axe to grind I'm sure with Schmid at the time, so he kept Adler "Retired" and Schmid, faced with replacing Adler with a manager for the WarGames, put Doc's team over.

--First is directionless and fresh off a job in EPW...I really hate where the character is at this point and don't really feel like Rp'ing for the next show...Barry T. posts "Felix is in for match, maybe a tag match" and next thing you know, The Forsaken are booked against the tag champions, who no show, and the Forsaken begin a year and change long run with the belts and really let me start figuring out how the hell to Rp the character.

--After losing at Wrestleverse III I really feel my mojo hurting...I'm trying to figure out exactly where I fit in the grand scheme of things as it comes to EPW...So I call out Copycat, since that seems logical enough...But even this match would be upper-mid card at best...But then insanity happens, Copycat refuses the match...Cruise doesn't want to fight Stevens...They challenge me to a tag match...I accept it without having a partner and then Stevens signs on to partner with First...So now I'm suddenly main eventing again in a huge match that The First ends up getting the pin...Just a really wacky turn of events that pushed The First to the fore as a big time player and big time face in EPW, I couldn't have planned any of it if I tried.

What crazy stuff has happened in your E-Fedding careers? When has fortune decided to smile upon you?

2 comments:

  1. Back in my CSWA days, I got lucky cause Matt Rosenthal voted for 'Nark to take on EN World Champ Mark Windham, and since Tard never even showed up, apparently the dice went in my favor and like 3 months after I started RPing, 'Nark was CSWA EN World Champ...

    I can't think of any other lucky breaks, but hey, that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, great question. Mine is kinda long, I apologize in advance. :-)

    I had always been considered good enough to hang with the heavyweights in the FWrestling community, and honestly felt like I was their peer, but because of the cocky character that I handled, people instantly disliked me, and went out of their way to try to get me to quit in character. This was back when we were our characters, so to speak. I had characters coming out of the woodwork attacking Stevens on every show in one fed we all were in, and the stable he was in turned on him - which totally blindsided me - and left me feeling like I'd picked a bad hobby.

    Pete's Eli Flair character joined and beat Stevens like 8 or 9 times in a row, and I could never seem to break through that glass ceiling with him no matter how hard I tried. Well, we all kind of migrated to another fed, and there, the champ - at the time - was a whining, bickering person who politicked his way into wins and losses, issued an open challenge, that I - desperate for Stevens' first ever World Title - was fortunate enough to see first and accept.

    Trip lost that match, but in my mind, and the mind of a LOT of others, he won the war of words, and the match was written brilliantly, and instantly made him a contender. With that momentum he won a midcard belt, and a Royal Rumble type battle royal, and then earned a match with his nemesis Eli Flair billed as The Respect Match. ...I really believe in my heart that this was the first respect match I had seen in our hobby, although that could just be arrogance.

    Again, Trip lost. But, it was another match that was written brilliantly, and it was a situation where Stevens said I respect you, but it wasn't because he couldn't continue. It was because he was a heel - which made it okay to quit - who was in a position where IF he didn't, Eli Flair could break a few bones, which would prevent him from making Flair's life hell on a daily basis. So he kicked himself for allowing Flair to get him in that position, but he made a CHOICE to take the loss now, because he'd get his later.

    From there, there was no looking back. His next match with Flair was a draw, and considering Trip was like 0-10 against him at this point, that was a big deal. I FINALLY, after two years of trying, got into the CSWA, and won the Presidential title, which was a REALLY big deal to me, and even main evented Primetime against Eli Flair(a draw), and beat The Deacon(who was SUPER over), had a couple of World title matches against Mark Windham, and a feud with Hornet. Then, Trip FIIIINNNNAAAAALLLLLYYY beat Eli Flair and won his first World title, to which, all of my buddies - the guys whose characters would attack mine every week, and almost made me quit all those years before, congratulated me out of character.

    So yeah, I get that THAT's not exactly what you asked, but still ... that's part of my story, and I just felt like sharing it today. Great blog, Stanton. :-)

    ReplyDelete