Monday, June 15, 2009

New characters and Jeff Davis

Making up a new character is a truly weird thing to me. You have this idea, maybe an outline for what you want out of your new character and then after a bit of working on it, you write up the bio, sign up for a card, and the character...Exists, it's in a match, your opponent is insulting them, they are firing back upon their opponent...You have just made this thing out of thin air and now it's fighting somebody and after a while everyone in the league knows this character, it's 'real'...When a couple months ago it wasn't.

Fantasy Wrestling makes that even more interesting me to because everyone has to interact with each other, so people will at some point or another run into your character and have some dealings with them, and everyone's character is different and unique to themselves (Except Flic Rair, the E-Fedding Blogosphere's running punchline)

Like in Warcraft, you got 10 classes, 10 races, 3 different talent trees you can use in each class, but that's about the end of the stuff you can do, at the end of the day, your Resto Shaman will be about the same as everyone else's Resto Shaman. There is endless ways to make characters different in E-Fedding and they all are.

I mean, it's just weird to think that Mike Randalls wouldn't have existed if Jon Katz didn't think him up. That Sean Stevens wouldn't be EPW Champion if Jamar didn't work out that idea.

And where do we even get these ideas? I mean my current favorite character to Rp and work on is The First, and he wouldn't exist if I hadn't spent a year being a co-worker to this girl. Oh the conversations we had about the dead talking to her and astral projecting and being starborn.

When Ryan started his Lucha league I had said I would join. I wasn't going to do what I had said before about bringing in The First as "El Primo" cause that would be silly, and again, I'm trying to keep him EPW centric. So on a lark I decided to make "Bloodhunt 2.0" only with more xenophobic bullshit and less JFK heavy.

A bunch of people have talked to me about bringing Bloodhunt out of retirement, but I always had him be older then Doc and be a kind of physical wreck, so I just don't think it's really that good an idea to bring him out when I don't think he could really work anymore. Davis is going to have his own thing, but he's going to always think he's losing, he could be undefeated and World Champion of FMLL and unmasked half the roster and he'd still think he was merely being set up to fail by unseen forces. The mind of a paranoid is a fantastic thing.

Just thinking about the whole Lucha fed is funny to me, we all came up with these new ideas, and now in a show or two, they'll be fighting each other, they'll be as real as JTP, Rocko Daymon, or Anarky. It's just kind of crazy how this whole e-fedding business works.

No comments:

Post a Comment