Friday, March 6, 2009

Aggresson 42, LVW, Olde Tymie Fun

I thought the Shawn Hart thing at the top of the show was cool, anything to get one's self some heat is always fun, I just hope that Hart is able to work forward with this for an angle or storyline that will get him some flow in the league.

Read the Omega/Tact match and was really confused because when I'd looked at the Rp thread I could have sworn that Omega had just buried Tact in Rp's, then I checked it again and saw one of them is named Starstruck and the other Starbreaker, and thusly my simple mind was overwhelmed. A good win for Anthology.

Straw with the usual excellent write up of Wells/Olvir, which again puts Anthology in the win coluimn and maybe gives them something to do with Olivr/Crimson Calling. How that all shakes out will be interesting.

Stalker now demands to not win the TV off Fusenhoff, which confuses me, cause I figured he was going over in this match due to the storyline, and why not take the TV title with it? Why have a third singles title if people are actively avoiding winning it? Then again I'm a belt whore, so what do I know...

The JA/Fuse storyline could be very interesting, a way back into the storylines for JA after his recent struggles.

I wrote up the Forsaken having to defend the tag belts next week, and the angle to get rid of evil cheaters from evil cheating in the World Title Match...

I also wrote the 3 way dance. I'd guess Anarky's just got himself stuck in the Westscott/Miles ordeal.

Cruise wins the IC Title in a big event for Anthology, I understand that the gimmick they are running has no set leader in Anthology, but I have a hard time wrapping my feeble brain around that concept. In a stable 4 deep or more, you kind of have to have somebody who's the de facto ruler of the roost, and to me right now that's Cruise, cause he's won the IC Title. I'm glad the Hart Omni-Title angle went off at the top of the show or else the angle might have stolen some of the heat off Cammy's big win and that would be lame having stablemates fighting each other for heat.

The main event ended up being sent to me and so all I can say about it was the booking make First look way stronger then I could have hoped for, so thanks management, and I hope my matches were good reads.


I'm trying to get LVW re-opened on FW.com. I sent a message to the Godfather about it, hopefully the tab comes up sometimes shortly. I'm unemployed, and my WoW guild leaves me weeping so I got nothing better to do then to start up the land of a thousand gimmicks again. I have ideas for a bunch of characters, so if anyone's interested about LVW, IM me at War on Eurasia on AIM or Stantonmjs on Yahoo.


Lastly a thread on the FW.com first quarter has been brutally threadjacked into a discussion of olde tymie FW. One thing that's come up is the "Mike Sparks Incident"...Where "X-Man" Michael Sparks shockingly won the UWA Random Rumble and inspired a great deal of QQ'ing (WoW term)

I think the real problem with the Sparks win wasn't so much that he won, but that the card was posted bit by bit, and that Jamar didn't post the Canyeta/Sparks main event. At the time, the Michael Manson's and Ares' of the world were legit main event contenders and all around bad-asses, they could have challenged for the UWA World Title and it would have been fine, now Michael Sparks? No way he's getting a title shot, he wasn't big time.

What Jamar was doing with the Rumble booking was establishing a new star in Sparks, but at the same time, keeping the belt on Canyeta (Who was my main event guy in UWA) , I think a lot of people would have been a lot more cool with the whole situation had the Canyeta/Sparks match been posted with the Rumble, it would have basically told the Main Eventers at the time "Look, I put this new guy over, I'm establishing him as a player, but I wasn't jobbing the champ, Canyeta was leaving the Rumble with the belt."

I mean, I can't really imagine anyone being upset about the fact that they lost the right to eat a Canyeta Cutter and finish the night with Canyeta holding the belt while they slinked back to the the locker room defeated. The thing was, by not posting it all at once, it led to a bunch of "Mike Sparks won?! ZOMG!!!!" and angry screaming and yelling, hooting and hollering, a lot of people at the time were messaging me telling that they would have been pissed if Canyeta jobbed to Sparks/Were pissed BECAUSE they wre convinced Canyeta was going to job to Sparks, etc etc.

I really feel that posting the Rumble and leaving the league in a state of abeyance over what was going to happen in the title match led to most of the butthurt and anger in the situation, cause winning the Rumble was only step 1...Step 2 was still a pretty big step...I can understand Jamar's reaction to the outrage and it sucks being a fed head to deal with drama, but I think a lot of it would have been muted if the main event had gone up with the Rumble.

1 comment:

  1. You can count on Cowboy Jimmy Donovan to be there to defend his LVW title when it comes back.

    ReplyDelete